lunes, 29 de abril de 2013

Let's talk about Maquiavelo



I really admire the Italian philosofer Maquiavelo, this admiration started when I had to read one of his books (The Prince) the last semester for the university and the way he look and write everything really left me on the  edge, and kept me very interested during the whole book,  I actually read it twice.

Like I said, he was born in Italy on 1469 and he died on 1527. He was a historian, politician, diplomat, philosopher, humanist and writer based in Florence during the Renaissance.
He had a very important position in the Republic of Florence during the time where de Medici were out of power, before they came back. 

The big importance of this author was that he was one of the creators of the modern political science, and with this Maquiavelo made a huge change in the politics for the rest of the humanity and an important evolution on this field.

The book I read for the university was the book that made him notorious in the whole world, The Prince.
This philosofer is very known as the creator of the word "machiavellianism" wich describe the things that appear on his books. 

3 comentarios:

  1. Maquiavelo before reading it very wrong had an opinion of the .. after reading it I have to admit that I love, greetings

    ResponderBorrar
  2. maquiavelo is very important in the history of political science because is the first who wrote about how getting and keeping the political power, contrary to the previous, who wrote about the origin of power. bye Camila

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I Like too maquivelo , she was a very important thinker, because was the first thinker who talk about power and policy . I like the same book too. It is interesting

    ResponderBorrar